Smart Low Calorie Snacks
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Women's Nutrition and other Womens Fitness topics.
What are some good, low calorie snacks?
Low calorie snacks can help keep your appetite under control and prevent you from eating too much between meals. If you are looking to reduce your hunger level without ingesting scores of extra calories, consider adding some of the following to your shopping list next time you go to the store:
- Grapes. Regular grapes can make a healthy snack, and you can also freeze them for a candy-like treat.
- Carrot and celery sticks. These crunchy items not only help satisfy a craving for food, but are healthy, low calorie snacks.
- Sliced tomato. Dress this snack up a little bit with fresh basil for added flavor.
- Apple wedges. These snack items can help ease a craving for sweets.
- Broccoli and cauliflower. These vegetables are very healthy and make a super snack between meals.
- Sliced cucumber. You can slice up some cucumber sticks or rounds; whichever you prefer.
- Watermelon cubes. A refreshing choice, especially in the summer months.
- Grape or cherry tomatoes. You can pop a few of these in your mouth when you start to get hungry.
It can help to keep these snacks handy in the refrigerator, sliced up and ready to go. For items such as the carrot sticks or cherry tomatoes, try using a plastic bag so you can take them on on the road if you are having a busy day. Incorporating healthy, low calorie snacks into your daily routine can help keep you from eating too much during the course of your day.