Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Fitness Walking and other Womens Fitness topics.
What is power walking?
Power walking is a more intense level of walking that gives you even more energy and improves your muscle fitness. Power walking increases your metabolic rate and therefore prevents weight gain and increases your lifetime fitness. The benefits and steps on how to master aerobic walking are as follows:
- Frequency: Aim for 20 minute workout power walks everyday. Consistency is key in a workout routine. Your efforts will not go unnoticed; soon you will be able to do everyday things such as climbing the stairs more easily.
- Intensity: Swing your arms and take larger steps while exercising. Your pace should be much quicker than your normal walking pace. Aim to cut the amount of time you take to walk a mile by a third.
- Build power walking into your life by walking instead of driving to work, school or friends' houses. Walk to get your morning coffee. Go for a invigorating walk with your coworkers on your break, or power walk to a park during your lunch break.
- If you find that you experience leg or foot pains while power walking, make sure you are wearing the right walking shoes that fit correctly and give you plenty of support.
- Power walking can burn more than 600 calories per hour.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.