Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Beginner Fitness and other Womens Fitness topics.
Is there anything I should worry about before I start my work out routine?
Many women's fitness magazines offer advice on workouts that are appropriate for beginners. When starting these workouts, keep some basic safety precautions in mind.
- Stay hydrated and keep track of your heart rate.
- Make sure you have a pair of sneakers that is appropriate for your fitness activity.
- Do not over-exercise and wear your muscles out.
- It is normal to feel a certain amount of discomfort when beginning a new health and fitness program, but consult a doctor if you experience any severe pain or are injured.
- If you are playing a sport that needs a mouth guard, eye protection or padding make sure you have it.
If you smoke, or are more than 20 pounds overweight, talk to a doctor before beginning your fitness program. It can be harder to exercise if you carry more weight on your body; overweight women should make sure they are not starting with a fitness program that is too challenging. If you are intimidated or feel uncomfortable at the gym, there are other activities you can do outside of the gym. Buy a pedometer and make it a point to walk at least 5 extra miles a week. Swimming and water aerobics are also excellent exercise if you are overweight as the water supports your body weight and takes some pressure off of your joints.