Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Women's Strength Training and other Womens Fitness topics.
Are there any special details I should know when starting a strength routine?
There are some basics you should know when starting a new strength training workout. Take heed of these tips especially when starting new back or arm exercises.
- Make sure your body is in proper alignment.
- Do not use your back or hips to help you lift weight with your arms. Avoid arching your back.
- Do not lift too fast. You can lose control and injure yourself or others.
- Breathe in through your nose out through your mouth. Exhale when exerting force and inhale on recovery.
- Don't use weights that are too heavy. If you can't manage eight reps, choose a lighter weight.
- Perform exercises with full range of motion. These will make your muscles stronger, faster.
- Use progressive resistance instead of jumping from a low weight to a high weight. As a rule increase your weight by five pound increments.
Nobody has commented on this tip yet. Be the first.