Hiring a Personal Trainer
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Goal Setting & Motivation for Women and other Womens Fitness topics.
What should I look for in a personal trainer and why should I hire one?
Most health clubs offer a variety of fitness programs and classes, along with the option of including personal training services. Hiring a personal trainer can keep you motivated, and can also help you define your fitness goals.
So what should you look for in a personal trainer? You will want to find someone who is qualified to guide you through things and make sure you are in proper form when doing things such as your ab and butt exercises. Here are some key things to ask when looking for a trainer:
- Do you have a certification? Personal trainers who are certified have met certain guidelines for their field, and will have up-to-date information on the latest exercises and theories.
- What is your cost? See if you can find a trainer that is in your price range. Ask about any specials or deals they may have as well.
- What type of trainer are you? The answer to this question can help you decide if the trainer's style is a "match" with your personality.
- What can you do for me? Listen carefully to this answer and see if it matches with your expectations.
- How long have you been working in the field? Although there is nothing wrong with hiring someone who is fresh out of school, you will want to have an idea of the person's experience level.
Think carefully about whether you would be more comfortable with a male or female trainer. You will also want to decide how many sessions you want to sign on for. Some people like to begin a fitness routine by using a trainer, while others use their services periodically to stay motivated and learn new exercises.