Walking for Women Over 65
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Fitness Walking and other Womens Fitness topics.
Is walking really beneficial to women over 65?
Walking, especially for women that are over 65, is incredibly beneficial. If you make it a part of your lifetime fitness plan walking will not only improve your body, but your mind as well. Here are some other ways in which walking is beneficial:
- It prevents the onset of arthritis
- It improves balance which helps reduce the risk of falls
- It decreases the risk of heart disease
- A 20 minute workout can offset fatigue
- Consistent walking is a mood elevator and can help offset depression associated with aging
- Walking can be a time for family bonding and social excursions. Walk to the park with your grandchildren or meet your friends in town for a day of shopping. Enjoy the outdoors.