Be Careful when Buying Equipment
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Fitness Equipment and other Womens Fitness topics.
Should I be careful when investing in workout equipment?
Fitness equipment is a big investment, so naturally you want to make sure you get what you pay for. If you read between the lines, you won't get scammed by scummy companies that are trying to sell ab workout equipment that will give you a six pack in two weeks or a diet pill that will make you drop three dress sizes in one month. Here is some of the advice the Federal Trade Commission has to offer consumers who are buying workout equipment:
- Be skeptical of advertisements that claim to help you lose a significant amount of weight in a short amount of time. It is impossible to lose weight safely in a few days or even weeks.
- Do not believe claims that tell you that a piece of fitness equipment will take little to no effort. You can only benefit from exercise if you actually exercise.
- Doubt before-and-after pictures from “customers.” These pictures are usually altered, or the results may not be typical.
- READ THE FINE PRINT!
- Consider all fees associated with buying an item. Those “three easy payments of only $19.99” can add up fast when you tack on shipping and handling, sales tax and delivery and set-up fees.
- Make sure your item has a warranty and return policy.
- Make sure the company you buy your items from has a customer service and support center.