Sneak It In
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Beginner Fitness and other Womens Fitness topics.
What can I do if I don't have time to work out?
It can be difficult for busy moms to find time for the recommended four to five 30-minute workouts per week. Nevertheless, women's fitness is vital to a healthy lifestyle and there are ways to sneak in a few moves throughout the day that will get your heart pumping even on those days that you can't get to the gym.
- Play with your kids! Have races, play tag, organize a game of kickball or soccer, go swimming at your local pool. As you know, kids are constantly moving and full of energy, so take a hint from them and let yourself go.
- Keep you posture in check. While sitting at your computer, suck in your abs and hold your shoulders back. Keeping your posture in check strengthens your core muscles.
- Get a pair of hand weights or a weighted exercise ball and use it during commercial breaks while watching TV.
- If you have small children, push them in a stroller while you walk. The added resistance will give you even more of a work out.
- Ask a trainer at womens fitness centers to help you compile a 10-minute workout that you can use when you don't have time to hit the gym.
- Get your heart pumping while doing chores outside. Chores such as mowing the lawn, raking leaves and shoveling are excellent ways to burn calories and get things done.