Hiking Gear List
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Fitness Walking and other Womens Fitness topics.
Hiking clothing and gear is so expensive. Where can I find bargains?
Okay! We've got you psyched about hiking. Now it's time to get in gear. An online store such as SierraTradingPost.com is a great place to start. Once you place an order from them, you receive periodic emails that inform you about their spectacular sales. If you have a GMail account, use Google checkout and receive further discounts.
Here is a checklist of items you will need to pack for a hiking trip:
- One pair hiking boots or sturdy shoes. Make sure to break them in before your trip!
- One or two pairs of long pants
- Underwear or long johns: It can get cold up there!
- Two or three t-shirts. One should be long sleeved
- One pair of shorts
- One or two wool or fleece turtlenecks
- A hat for sun protection
- A backpack
- Hiking socks
- Insect repellent
- A water bottle
- A water purifier: Some stream water is not suitable for drinking!
- A waist back that has items you will readily need. Some waist packs even have a pocket for your water bottle.
- Trail Mix or other types of high carbohydrate snacks.