Tone The Triceps
Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Women's Strength Training and other Womens Fitness topics.
What is a good triceps toner that doesn't require weights?
New moves to tone the triceps consistently top the list of requested arm exercises for women. Toning the triceps can be tricky, but the right moves can help you avoid that jiggly arm look and carry kids or groceries with ease.
Try this triceps toner that doesn't even require weights: the One-Arm Triceps Dip.
- Sit with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Place your hands about a foot behind your butt, with fingers pointing towards your feet.
- Be sure that your hands are shoulder-width apart.
- Straighten your arms so your butt is off the floor.
- Keeping your hands and feet firmly planted, bend your left elbow and lower your butt to about 2 inches from the floor.
- Press your left arm back to a straight position.
- Repeat with the right arm; alternate arms for about 60 seconds.
- Don't rush. Lift and lower with a smooth, controlled motion. Don't jerk or bounce.